Thursday, August 5, 2010

first day of the rest of our AWESOME life

so today (day 3) is the day. it's finally hitting me. i can't stop smiling and thanking God, and i can't shake this feeling of wanting to scream "I LOVE YOU!" at the top of my lungs to a tiny little embryo i haven't even met yet. right now he(?)'s just a blob with no distinguishable features, but this blob is the best gift i could ever have asked for.

i woke up this morning, and thanked God for this amazing birthday present, and realized that for the next 9 months, every day will feel like my birthday. and then it hit me that after that, i would have a child. so really, every day of the rest of my life will be like the best birthday ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so far, all i have to report is that the usual "symptoms" i would have at this "time of the month" are heightened. so basically, my chest hurts and my pants are snug. and i couldn't be happier.


it's finally justifiable that i bought this little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment