Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What?!

I am going to be in charge of raising a human being. I get so nervous, it as if the entire 18+ years of responsibility crashes down on my head every now and then. And I was such an easy going guy, but now I have these nerve-wracking moments of intensity. I know I should relax and let things happen as the happen, but I what do I know about being a father? I would wager the answer is less than most. I guess it would be a bad sign if I wasn't worried at all and thought I could handle it easily.

I do see the upside of the equation though, the responsibility might be huge but the payoff is bigger. I get the bragging rights to bringing superman/girl into this world. It's gonna be such an awesome experience to watch my kid grow up, to extend my family and probably be blown away by just how many lives this baby will touch.

The baby must already be influencing me, otherwise this post would have been a one or two sentence comment/joke.

Known baby superpowers list: Telepathy-Check
Shapeshifting-Check

4 comments:

  1. jason tung, you know more than most about what it takes to be a dad, because i have seen first hand that all you have to do to be a good dad is be a good person, and love your children. and you're already an ace at both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amusing to me because I wonder if you know as little about monsters as my husband... He was absolutely never around children, except ones his age when he was a kid. He's held a baby like 3 times and has never changed a diaper :) now we have friends who have kids, but we don't see them nearly often enough for him to get any experience with little ones :( Still, I have confidence in his ability. With a little help, he'll be an amazing dad, and so will you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe me, you will be an awesome Dad. When that baby gets here you'll know what to do. I was amazed at how fast Nic took to parenthood. You're intelligent and kind and that is what matters most. Read the baby books, but don't worry about retaining all of it, that's what Google is for. Also the great thing about parenting is that you don't have to know everything about it when you start you learn as you go, and before you know it a day will come when you actually feel qualified and competent. No worries dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, lise. i think that will help.:)

    ReplyDelete